Saturday, May 9, 2015

My New Bedtime

I'm not a "spring chicken" anymore. {Disclaimer: I've known that for a while}. The past few days have cemented this realization in my brain. I can no longer go to bed late and expect to wake up early in a coherent state-of-mind. Additionally, with a late bedtime I'm less likely, or rather (if this past week is any proof) not going to wake up and do any early morning exercises. Skipping my workouts because I'm exhausted is not going to help me prepare for my marathon, which is in...

So I'm instituting a new bedtime of 8pm, which will hopefully mean I will be asleep by 9pm (sometimes it takes a while to turn off my thoughts and just relax). I went to bed late on Thursday (through no fault of my own) and woke up late on Friday. Not only did I miss my window to complete my morning run, but I was also in a very bad mood (does that happen to anyone else when you miss your run?). Annoyance and fatigue are not the best combination.


Missing the morning run meant I had to run in the evening. When I got to the park for my evening run the sunset was gorgeous...

The weather was hot but not terrible...

and the humidity was moderately uncomfortable...

I was supposed to do a 4 mile run but by mile 2 the evening bugs were getting out of control. So I decided to do a 5K instead...

I pushed myself throughout the run with an aim for negative splits...

And even though I wanted to go to bed early on Friday night, by the time I finished eating, picking up Kai from a school function, and got settled into bed it was 11:30pm :(

Since I know I won't be able to sleep in tomorrow I decided to sleep in today. When I finally got up and got ready I went to have lunch with Kai, Keva & Caleed...
Kai is "hiding"

Keva & Caleed

Carb loading for tomorrow... with a side of crab cakes

Post lunch pics...


Then I spent the rest of the day relaxing, hydrating and working really hard on my push-ups...

but I think I'm going to try and find some new motivation...
Hope you had a great Saturday! 

How was your long run today?

What are your plans for Mother's Day tomorrow?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment!