Saturday, October 25, 2014

10 Day YOU Challenge: #10 Favorites

I saw (a form of) this challenge on one of my favorite new blogs (Kristina's Blog About Running) --thanks Kristina!-- So I'm going to borrow this challenge idea and mix it up a bit. Just think of it as the Ten Day YOU (aka Me) Challenge Remix...

So I'll start the challenge with my 10 favorite things. Some of these things might be obvious if you have been following my blog (or know me personally), but here goes....in no particular order:

#1: Favorite color
My favorite color is purple. It has always been purple for as long as I can remember. Every shade of purple is amazingly beautiful to me. You'll pretty much win me over if you get me something that's beautiful and purple...
#2: Favorite number
My favorite number is 16. This goes back to when I was growing up...sweet 16 seemed like the age when so many possibilities would materialize. It was a great time in my life and I have always loved that number (my second favorite number is 13 because I was born on May 13th so obviously the number 13 is just simply amazing)...
#3: Favorite fruit:
My favorite fruit is pineapple. There is no other fruit on this earth that is as delicious as pineapple. There's not much else to say about this because if you have ever had a piece of pineapple you know exactly what I am talking about...
#4: Favorite thing to do:
Well you probably guessed that I'm pretty much in love with running. My love affair with running started last year but I'm hoping that it will blossom into an amazing long term wonderfully fulling relationship that is a part of my life for years to come...

#5: Favorite dessert:
I LOVE carrot cake. I confess that I don't have carrot cake (or any kind of cake) often anymore because the excess sugar does not make me run fast (and I don't need any help with not running fast)...

#6: Favorite article of clothing:
Apart from my love for awesome running clothes, my favorite article of clothing is (are?) jeans. I don't normally get "dolled up" and dressy (not many of those occasions come around). I like to be comfortable and a nice flattering pair of jeans has an awesome way of doing that...
#7: Favorite jewelry:
My locket. I have a gold locket that I've had for years with pictures of Kaiyu when she was younger. I don't wear it often anymore because the clasp on the chain broke and I nearly lost it a few years ago. It stays safe and sound in my jewelry box now...
#8: Favorite snack:
Popcorn!!!!! I love popcorn, especially home popped popcorn that's done old-school style (in a pot...with the kernels...and melted butter). When I was growing up my mom used to make popcorn from scratch (which is how I learned to do it) and no other types of popcorn will ever taste as good as homemade popcorn to me...

#9: Favorite thing to do on a rainy day:
My favorite rainy day activity is curling up in bed with a good book and reading for hours. If I'm not reading any books at the moment then the second best option is watching movies or tv shows. I don't usually sleep in on rainy days (although the temptation is there)...

#10: Favorite holiday:
My favorite holiday is Christmas. There is something about this time of year that has the element of being magical. I get to go home and see my family, spend well needed quality time with both family and friends. Give presents (get presents). Sing Christmas hymns and Christmas carols. I love everything about Christmas, even (gasp) the holiday travel ;)

So there you have it....ten of my favorite things! You might have noticed that almost 1/3 of my favorites are edible items. That's not a coincidence...food is beautiful.

One of the best parts about this challenge is to have others post their favorites as well. So feel free to comment and post your favorites to all or some of these categories; and look out for next Saturday's "9 Secrets" post!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment!